In an effort to further enhance Maryland’s position as a leader in STEM education, Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals gives qualified Maryland high school STEM teachers a tuition waiver for one course per term in any of our part-time graduate or certificate programs.
- High school teachers in Maryland that are interested in the STEM program at Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals are subject to the same academic admission requirements as all applicants.
- Admitted teachers are eligible for a tuition waiver for one course per term.
- Once admitted, teachers in the program must have their school principal complete the STEM Enrollment Form verifying employment in the state of Maryland. This form must be completed as part of the registration process for every course taken.
- A maximum of two Maryland high school STEM teachers in the program can be enrolled in any one course per term. Students are enrolled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Applicants to the program should carefully review the general admission requirements before applying. Please keep in mind that individual programs may have additional admission requirements. Once you are familiar with admission requirements, please follow the steps below to apply.
- Complete the online application and make sure you check the box marked
- Download and complete the STEM Enrollment Form. This form may be faxed to 410-579-8049 or mailed to the address below.
- Mail your official transcripts and any program-specific materials to:
Engineering for Professionals
JHU Whiting School of Engineering
6810 Deerpath Road, Suite 100
Elkridge, MD 21075
If you have additional questions, please call 410-516-2300 or 1-800-JHU-ENGR or send an e-mail to email@example.com.