All official communications—including your class assignments, billing information, emergency notifications, and other important announcements—will be sent to your Johns Hopkins University Office 365 e-mail account.
To set up your Johns Hopkins University Office 365 e-mail account, please follow the instructions below.
How to Set Up Your E-mail Account
Here are the steps you need to take to set up your e-mail account.
- Visit my.johnshopkins.edu.
- Log in to the portal using your JHED ID and password. (If you do not know your JHED ID and/or your password, please review our helpful JHED Instructional Guide.)
- You will be prompted to accept the Office 365 Terms of Service. Scroll to the bottom to accept.
- Click on the Office 365 icon on the left side of the portal page (this appears under Messaging).
- Then select your preferred language and time zone.
If you don't plan to check your Johns Hopkins e-mail account on a regular basis, please consider e-mail forwarding.
Here are the steps you need to take to forward your new e-mail account to another e-mail address if you choose to do so.
- Follow the instructions (above) for setting up your e-mail account.
- Then, from the Office 365 web application, go to the Settings icon at the top and select Options.
- Under Shortcuts, select Forward Your E-mail.
- Then select the Connected Accounts tab.
- Scroll down to Forwarding and enter your other e-mail address in the field marked
Forward my e-mail to: _______.
- Then click on Start Forwarding.
For more information, please visit the Johns Hopkins University Information Technology department website where they include additional instructions and tips regarding Office 365 e-mail accounts.
Now let's talk about your program coordinator and your advisor.