All Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals students register for their courses through an online system called SIS.
SIS also allows you to review your student account information including financial aid, your class schedule, and your grades. To register for your courses in SIS, first check the academic calendar to make sure registration is open for the next academic term. Then follow the instructions below.
How to Register for Courses
Here are the steps you need to take to register for your courses.
- Establish your JHED account. (If you do not know your JHED ID and/or your password, please review our helpful JHED Instructional Guide.)
- Make sure registration is currently open by checking the academic calendar.
- Note that by continuing to register, you are taking responsibility for payment of your courses and for any financial penalty you incur for any dropped courses according to the refund schedule.
- Go to the SIS website and log in using your JHED ID.
- Click on the Registration tab.
- Then click on My Cart to register for your courses.
Keep in mind that your program coordinator and your advisor are available to help you with the registration process—and to help you decide which courses to take in which term.
Now, let's talk about textbooks.