Tuition Free Educational Opportunities for Maryland STEM Teachers
The increased emphasis on quality Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education can only be met with available and affordable professional development for STEM teachers. To help Maryland become a leader in STEM education, EP offers Maryland high school STEM teachers the opportunity to enroll in one course per semester—with a tuition waiver—in any of EP's 17 graduate programs.
- High school teachers admitted under the STEM program are subject to the same academic admission requirements as all EP applicants. Program requirements can be found on our Graduate Degree Programs page.
- As part of the enrollment process, STEM teachers must have their school principal complete the STEM enrollment Form verifying employment in the state of Maryland. This form must be completed as part of the registration process for each EP class you will attend as a STEM Student.
- Admitted high school STEM teachers are eligible for a tuition waiver for one EP course per semester.
- A maximum of two high school STEM teachers may be enrolled in any one EP class per semester. Students are enrolled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Applicants to EP should carefully review the admission guidelines for each program before applying. Detailed program requirements can be found on our Graduate Degree Programs page. Once you are familiar with the application requirements for your program:
- Complete the EP application online
- Download and complete the STEM Enrollment Form. This form may be faxed to 410.579.8049 or mailed to the address below.
- The application fee is waived.
- Official transcripts and any program-specific materials (i.e., resume) can be mailed to:
Engineering for Professionals
JHU Whiting School of Engineering
6810 Deerpath Road, Suite 100
Elkridge, MD 21075
If you have specific questions regarding this application or our degree programs, please call 410-516-2300 or 1.800.JHU.ENGR or send e-mail to email@example.com.