Carefully review your individual program of interest for any additional admission requirements beyond those listed here.
Master’s Degree, Graduate Certificate, and Special Students*
- Applicants must be in the last semester of undergraduate study or hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or have earned a graduate degree in a technical discipline.
- Applicants typically have earned a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (B or above) in the latter half of their undergraduate studies (when reviewing an application, the candidate’s academic and professional background will be considered).
- Relevant work experience or a graduate degree in a relevant technical discipline may be considered in lieu of meeting the GPA guideline.
- Applicants must submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- International applicants must also complete additional requirements.
- No GRE is required. Should you choose to submit scores, use code 4655.
Post-Master’s Certificate Candidates
In addition to the requirements listed above, applicants must have earned a master’s degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
*Special students are non-degree seeking applicants who take individual courses at Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals without enrolling in a program. Courses taken as a special student do not necessarily count toward fulfillment of degree requirements if the student is later accepted as a degree candidate. Cases are evaluated on an individual basis.
- Upload all unofficial transcripts from all remaining institutions on the ‘Student Status’ page in the official application portal.
- Inform the admissions team if you have earned more than a bachelor’s degree at email@example.com.
- Admitted applicants who initially submitted unofficial transcripts must have their official transcripts submitted within the first two weeks of their first enrolled semester.
- Transcripts are only deemed official if they are received directly from the degree granting institution.
- Official transcripts must be sent electronically from the degree granting institution via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution mail an official transcript directly to the mailing address below. Engineering for Professionals will not accept paper issued transcripts directly from applicants.
NOTE: If your official transcripts are not received by the deadline, your registration for the upcoming term will not be processed.