Carefully review your individual program of interest for any additional admission requirements beyond those listed here.
Master’s Degree, Graduate Certificate, and Special Students*
- Applicants must be in the last semester of undergraduate study or hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or have earned a graduate degree in a technical discipline.
- Admitted students typically have earned a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (B or above) in the latter half of their undergraduate studies (when reviewing an application, the candidate’s academic and professional background will be considered).
- Applicants must submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- International applicants must also complete additional requirements.
- No GRE is required. Should you choose to submit scores, use code 4655.
*Special students are non-degree seeking applicants who take individual courses at Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals without enrolling in a program. Courses taken as a special student do not necessarily count toward fulfillment of degree requirements if the student is later accepted as a degree candidate. Cases are evaluated on an individual basis.
Post-Master’s Certificate Candidates
In addition to the requirements listed above, applicants must have earned a master’s degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
Official transcripts are due once you are given an offer.
- After you submit your application, login to view the student status page. On the page, you must upload all remaining unofficial transcripts.
- Admitted applicants who initially submitted unofficial transcripts must have their official transcripts submitted prior to registering for their first course.
- Transcripts are only deemed official if they are received directly from the degree granting institution or third party provider to [email protected].
The following vendors support Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals transcript services. Select the school’s name as it appears below when you order your transcript.
Johns Hopkins University—Engineering Professionals Graduate Admission
National Student Clearing House
Johns Hopkins Arts, Sciences and Engineering
Department: Engineering for Professionals Admissions
If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution mail an official transcript directly to the mailing address below. Engineering for Professionals will not accept paper issued transcripts directly from applicants.
NOTE: If your official transcripts are not received by the deadline, your registration for the upcoming term will not be processed.
Acceptance will be honored up to a year after admission. If you do not enroll by then, you will have to reapply. Please check the academic calendar for term start dates. For more details about admissions policies, view the academic catalog.
There is no offer response deadline for admissions. Acceptance will be honored up to a year after admission. Please check the academic calendar for term start dates. For more details about admissions policies, view the academic catalog.
Please be sure to contact us if you have additional questions or need assistance.