We are delighted that you are considering graduate studies at Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals. Get ready to elevate your career and build your network of engineers.
General guidelines and admission requirements for graduate programs are below.
Carefully review your individual program of interest for any additional admission requirements beyond those listed here.
Master’s Degree, Graduate Certificate, and Special Students*
- Except as provided herein, applicants must be in the last semester of undergraduate study at or hold a bachelor’s or graduate degree from a US regionally accredited college or university. While there is no automatic prohibition of the admission of students from US nationally accredited colleges or universities, EP retains the right to assess an applicant’s courses and/or degrees earned from one of those institutions to determine their academic readiness for the Program. Applicants who hold degrees from international institutions are encouraged to apply and must meet requirements found on EP’s International Applicants webpage.
- Admitted students typically have earned a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (B or above) in the latter half of their undergraduate studies (when reviewing an application, the candidate’s academic and professional background will be considered).
- Applicants must submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- No GRE is required. Should you choose to submit scores, use code 4655.
*Special students are non-degree seeking applicants who take individual courses at Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals without enrolling in a program. Courses taken as a special student do not necessarily count toward fulfillment of degree requirements if the student is later accepted as a degree candidate. Cases are evaluated on an individual basis.
Post-Master’s Certificate Candidates
Official transcripts are due once you are given an offer.
*Note that undergraduates from JHU do not need to submit official transcripts.
1. After you submit your application, you can login to the student status page to add additional transcripts, but these will not be considered official.
2. Admitted applicants who initially submitted unofficial transcripts must have their official transcripts submitted prior to registering for their first course.
3. Transcripts are only deemed official if they are received directly from the degree granting institution or third party provider to [email protected].
The following vendors support Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals transcript services. Select the school’s name as it appears below when you order your transcript.
Johns Hopkins University—Graduate Programs
National Student Clearing House
Johns Hopkins Arts, Sciences and Engineering
Department: Engineering for Professionals Admissions
If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution mail an official transcript directly to the mailing address below. Engineering for Professionals will not accept paper issued transcripts directly from applicants.
NOTE: If your official transcripts are not received by the deadline, your registration for the upcoming term will not be processed.
*If it is expected that you will be awarded a degree prior to beginning graduate studies through our program you must complete the remaining coursework for your degree with a grade average of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better. After the degree has been posted, have an official transcript submitted to [email protected]. Courses that are taken prior to the completion of your baccalaureate degree will not be applicable to your master’s degree.
Acceptance will be honored up to a year after admission. If you do not enroll by then, you will have to reapply. Please check the academic calendar for term start dates. For more details about admissions policies, view the academic catalog.
There is no offer response deadline for admissions. Acceptance will be honored up to a year after admission. Please check the academic calendar for term start dates. For more details about admissions policies, view the academic catalog.
Engineering for Professionals Admitted Student Checklist
It is highly encouraged to consult the Engineering for Professionals Admitted Student Checklist to assure you are complying with EP guidelines and policy.
- Read Decision Letter (Notification via email)
- Accept your offer in application account.
- Submit all official transcripts. Students in their last semester earning a bachelor’s degree can register but must submit a current official transcript and a final conferred transcript upon completion. Please carefully read instructions on submitting transcripts here.
- Receive a transcript confirmation email. The transcript confirmation email will also mention that the next email to setup your student account is sent from [email protected]. Please setup your inbox to receive emails from this account.
- Your official transcript(s) must be received and verified by our office staff. It is possible that your official transcript is pending this final step. It typically takes one week to complete transcript verification from the date your document is sent. A confirmation that the transcript was received is only valid if the email is sent by [email protected].
- Receive your JHED ID assignment.
- Receive your welcome letter email with an advisor assignment. These communications will all follow another within a matter of days. If you have not received these messages and believe you should, please email [email protected] for support.
- Register for Courses
- Complete Online Orientation and required “Academic Ethics Assessment” to receive access to your first course via Blackboard
- Introduce yourself to the academic faculty advisor assigned in Welcome Letter and to the student community using Microsoft Teams
Please be sure to contact us if you have additional questions or need assistance.