Whiting School of Engineering School Rankings
The collective expertise and dedication of our faculty have made the Engineering for Professionals programs of the Whiting School of Engineering a top-ranked school for students pursuing continued education in engineering.
- Ranked #11 for Best Online Graduate Programs Overall by U.S. News & World Reports
- Ranked #17 for Best Physics Schools by U.S. News & World Reports
- Ranked #17 for Best Engineering School by U.S. News & World Reports
- Ranked #25 for Best Computer Science Schools U.S. News & World Reports
We’re proud to offer top engineering degrees for several of our programs.
- Applied Biomedical Engineering ranked #1 for Best Biomedical Engineering Programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Civil Engineering ranked #4 for Civil Engineering Programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Electrical and Computer Engineering ranked #5 for Online Master’s in Electrical Engineering by U.S. News & World Report
- Engineering Management ranked #1 for Engineering Management by U.S. News & World Report
- Computer Science, Cybersecurity, and Information Systems Engineering ranked #2 for Information Technology by U.S. News & World Report
- Mechanical Engineering ranked #4 for Mechanical Engineering by U.S. News & World Report
- Systems Engineering ranked #8 for Industrial/Systems Engineering by U.S. News & World Report
Ranking organizations determine school and program rank by looking at five major categories: student engagement, faculty credentials and training, student services and technology, peer reputation, and admissions selectivity.
When weighing engineering programs, U.S. News & World Reports ranks individual programs in the following categories:
- Aerospace / Aeronautical / Astronautical Engineering
- Biological / Agricultural Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering / Bioengineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical / Electronic / Communications Engineering
- Environmental / Environmental Health Engineering
- Industrial / Manufacturing / Systems Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
College rankings help prospective students determine which schools offer the best education, experience, support, and assistance to help them narrow their search for the best school for them. Finding a top engineering master’s degree takes more than looking at a list. Look into the schools’ courses, faculty, advisors, and available program features to find the one that best suits your goals, learning style, situation, and expectations.
Graduate courses are $5,872 per course. Depending on which program you choose (Master’s or a certificate program) you will take anywhere between four and 10 courses throughout your education. Many of our students are able to get tuition assistance through the support of their employer. You can learn more about tuition and fees here.