Dr. Michael Smeltzer
- BS Mathematics, University of Washington
- MS ISA Information Assurance, George Mason University
- M.PHIL Mathematics, Yale University
- PH.D. Probability & Stochastic Processes, Yale University
Senior Professional Staff, JHU Applied Physics Laboratory
PublicationsSmeltzer, M.D. "An Update to Smashing the Stack For Fun and Profit." 2016. Unpublished.
Llansó, T., A Dwivedi, and M. Smeltzer. “An Approach for Estimating Cyber Attack Level of Effort.” IEEE Syscon, April, 2015.
Norton, M.C., and M.D. Smeltzer. "Derived Credentials for Commercial Mobile Devices." MILCOM 2014 (FOUO Session).
Burris, C.M., J.G. McEver, D. Gonzales, H. Schoenborn, D.T. Signori, and M.D. Smeltzer. “Quantitative Capability Delivery Increments: A Novel Approach for Assessing DoD Network Capability.” American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. 2010.
Cook, T, and M.D. Smeltzer. “Forecasts Get Better with a Flexible Model.” Journal of Business Forecasting. Spring, 1985. pp. 12-15.
Smeltzer, M.D. “Subadditive Stochastic Processes.” American Mathematical Society Monthly. 1976
Honors and Awards
- GMU Outstanding Adjunct Faculty Award (2007)
- Academic Excellence - MS ISA George Mason University (2006)
- GTE Leslie H. Warner Corporate Technical Award (1993)
- DISA Commendations for support of Operations Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Proven Force and Provide Comfort (1991)
- Phi Beta Kappa (1968)