Dr. Maria Ermolaeva
- 625.603.84 Statistical Methods and Data Analysis (Spring 2020)
- 625.615.81 Introduction to Optimization (Spring 2020)
- 605.657.81 Statistics for Bioinformatics (Spring 2020)
- 625.615.83 Introduction to Optimization (Spring 2020)
Maria Ermolaeva is a lecturer in the Department of Computer Science in Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering and has taught in WSE’s Engineering for Professionals programs for over 15 years. In this role, Ermolaeva has developed a new method for teaching math and statistics online, which focuses on students discovering mathematical theory through solving problems and discussing their solutions on the class discussion forum.
Ermolaeva has a PhD in physics and mathematics and BS in biophysics from Moscow State University. In 2016, Ermolaeva received the Whiting School’s Engineering for Professionals Excellence in Teaching Award.
- B. S. Biophysics, Moscow State University
- Ph. D. Physics and Mathematics, Moscow State University
Honors and Awards
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Engineering for Professionals, Whiting School of Engineering, Johns Hopkins University (2016)