Mr. Aaron Rogers
Space Systems Engineering
- 675.601.81 Fundamentals of Engineering Space Systems I (Fall 2018)
- 675.601.3VL Fundamentals of Engineering Space Systems I (Fall 2018)
- 675.602.3VL Fundamentals of Engineering Space Systems II (Fall 2018)
- S.B. Aeronautics & Astronautics, MIT
- Graduate Certificate in Guidance & Control Aeronautics & Astronautics, Stanford University
- M.S. Applied Physics, The Johns Hopkins University
Director, Advanced Programs, SSL (formerly Space Systems Loral)
PublicationsSelected (40+ total):
1. Rogers, Aaron Q., A Cosmic Shift: Small Satellites Are Driving a Commercial Space Revolution, In-Q-Tel IQT Quarterly (2015), Volume 6, Number 3.
2. Rogers, Aaron Q. (2014), Operationally Responsive Space: Creating the Enablers. In R. Sandau, H-P. Roser, A. Valenzuela (Eds.), Small Satellites for Earth Observation: Operationally Responsive Space (pp. 307-328), International Academy of Astronautics.
3. Apland, Clint T., Rogers, Aaron Q., Persons, Dave F., Summers, Robert A., Kee, Lake A., A Flexible Rideshare Adapter System to Increase Space Access for "Express" Class 20-50 kg Small Satellite Missions, SSC13-V-04, AIAA/USU Conference for Small Satellites, Logan, UT, August 12-15th, 2013.
4. Rogers, A. Q., and Summers, R. A., Creating Capable Nanosatellites for Critical Space Missions, Johns Hopkins APL Technical Digest (2010), Volume 29, Number 3, pp. 283-288.
5. Rogers, Aaron, Anderson, Charles, Lotito, Napolillo, David, Scherock, Jeff, Sharer, Peter, Wadsley, Brian, Submarine Launched Space Payloads: History, Utility, and Challenges, Submarine Technology Symposium, Laurel, MD, May 11-13, 2010.
6. Rogers, Aaron Q., Paxton, Larry J., Darrin, M. Ann (2010), Small Satellite Constellations for Measurements of the Near-Earth Space Environment. In R. Sandau, H-P. Roser, A. Valenzuela (Eds.), Small Satellite Missions for Earth Observation: New Developments and Trends (pp. 113-121), Berlin: Springer.
7. Sandhoo, G.P., Rogers, A.Q., Stadter, P.A., et al., Standards for Responsive Small Satellites, ESA Small Satellites Systems and Services Symposium, Rhodes, Greece, May 26-30th, 2008.
8. Rogers, Aaron, Jordan, Luis, McDermott, Scott, The SMARTBus™ High Capability Modular Spacecraft Architecture for Responsive Space and Low Cost Microsatellite Missions, Responsive Space Conference, Los Angeles, CA, April 19-22nd, 2004.
9. Shao, X., Junor, W., Zenick, R., Rogers, A., Dighe, K., Passive Interferometric Millimeter-Wave Imaging: Achieving Big Results with a Constellation of Small Satellites, SPIE Defense and Securities Symposium Proceedings, 5410-40, Orlando, FL, April 12-16th, 2004.
10. Rogers, Aaron Q. et al., SHERPA: A Flexible, Modular Spacecraft for Orbit Transfer and On-Orbit Operations, SSC03-II-2, AIAA/USU Conference on Small Satellites, Logan, UT, August 11-14th, 2003.
Honors and Awards
- U.S. Patent No. 8,939,409 issued on January 27, 2015 for an “Adaptor System for Deploying Small Satellites.” (2015)
International Academy of Astronautics