information and resources for the Johns Hopkins University community
Mr. Chad Hawes
Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Applied Mathematics & Statistics Applied Mathematics & Statistics, Johns Hopkins University
- Electrical & Computer Engineering Electrical & Computer Engineering, Drexel University
Principal Professional Staff, JHU Applied Physics Laboratory
PublicationsHawes, C.M. and C.E. Priebe. "A Bootstrap Interval Estimator for Bayes Classification Error," Statistical Signal Processing Workshop, IEEE 2012, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, August 2012.
Chapman, R.D., C.M. Hawes, and M.E. Nord. "Target Motion Ambiguities in Single-Aperture Synthetic Aperture Radar," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 46, no. 1, 2010.
Bucci, N.J. H.S. Owen, K.A. Woodward, C.M. Hawes. "Validation of Pulse Compression Techniques for Meteorological Functions," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 35, no. 3, 1997.
Hawes, C.M. "Performance Modeling and Simulation for AEGIS Signal Processor Upgrade," High Performance Embedded Computing Conference, September 1997.
Honors and Awards
- JHU/APL 2010 Outstanding Research Paper in an Externally Refereed Publication (2011)
- R.W. Hart Prize for Best Independent Research & Development Project, "Exploitation of Synthetic Aperture Radar Data Products" (2009)
- U.S. Patent 7,031,265: "Method & Apparatus for Performing Packet Detection Processing" (2006)
- Sarnoff Team Award for Stray Voltage Detector Product Development (2005)
- Letter of Appreciation from Program Manager: Navy Area Theater Ballistic Missile Defense (2002)
- Outstanding Achievement Award: LSTP Signal Processor Development (2000)
- Vice Presidents Award: DSP Architecture Trade Study (1996)
- Engineering Department Team Award: FAA Pulse Compression Study Team (1995)
- Outstanding Edison Engineering Program Assignment: AEGIS Command & Decision (1993)