Dr. Sepideh Jankhah
- 575.741.81 Membrane Filtration Systems and Applications in Water and Wastewater Treatment (Spring 2019)
- PHD Civil Engineering, University of British Columbia
Publications•RB Lakeh, K Cornell, B Ly, A Chan, and S Jankhah, (2018) Design and Testing of a Lab-scale Air-gap Membrane Distillation Unit for Water Desalination, Proceedings of the ASME 2018 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE 2018), Pittsburgh, PA, ASME-IMECE87088
•Jankhah, S., (2017) Hydrodynamic conditions in bench-scale membrane flow-cells used to mimic
conditions present in full-scale spiral-wound elements, Membrane Technology, Issue 5, 7-13
• Jankhah, S., Bérubé P.R., (2014) Pulse bubble sparging for fouling control, Separation and Purification
Technology, v 134, p 58-65
• Jankhah, S., Bérubé P.R., (2013) Power induced by bubbles of different sizes and frequencies on to
hollow fibers in submerged membrane systems. Water Research, 47,17.
• Boehm, L., Jankhah, S., Tihon, J., Bérubé, P. R., Kraume, M. (2014) Application of the electrodiffusion
method to measure wall shear stress: Integrating theory and practice, Chemical Engineering and
Technogly Journal , v 37, n 6, p 938-950
• Jankhah, S., Bérubé P.R., (2012) Designing High performance air spargers to minimize fouling in
submerged HF membranes. Water Science and Technology.
• Jankhah, S., Bérubé P.R., (2014) Contribution of fiber sway to fouling control in air sparged submerged
hollow fiber membrane systems, Journal of Membrane Science (in preparation).
• Jankhah, S., Abatzoglou, N., Gitzhofer, F., Blanchard, J., and Oudghiri-Hassani, H., (2008) Catalytic
properties of Carbon Nano-filaments Produced by Iron-catalyzed Reforming of Ethanol. Chemical
Engineering Journal, 139, 532–539.
• Jankhah, S., Abatzoglou, N., and Gitzhofer, F. (2008) Thermal and Catalytic Dry Reforming and Cracking
of Ethanol: The role of the CO2/Ethanol ratio, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 33,
Issue 18, 4769-4779.
• Abatzoglou, N., Blanchard, J., Oudghiri-Hassani, H., Jankhah, S., and Gitzhofer, F. (2006) The DRIVE2
Process for Carbon Sequestration through Dry Reforming of Ethanol using Iron Catalysts, WSEAS
Transaction on Environment and Development, 1: 15-21.
• Blanchard, J., Oudghiri-Hassani, H., Abatzoglou, N., Jankhah, S., and Gitzhofer, F (September 2007)
Synthesis of Nanocarbons via Ethanol Dry Reforming over a Carbon Steel Catalyst, Chemical
Engineering Journal, 143, 186-194.
Honors and Awards
- NSERC pre-doctoral scholarship (2008)