Dr. David Hess
- 535.609.81 Topics in Data Analysis (Fall 2018)
- 535.621.81 Intermediate Fluid Dynamics (Fall 2018)
- 535.609.82 Topics in Data Analysis (Fall 2018)
David E. Hess received a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the Johns Hopkins University in 1990. Since 1994, he has been employed in the Maneuvering and Control Division of the Hydromechanics Department at the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Bethesda, Md. He is currently the Group Leader for the Captive Model and Analysis group, which is responsible for experimentally determining the maneuvering characteristics of towed submarines. Dr. Hess has also been focused on developing advanced neural network based simulation tools for submarines and surface ships for many years. Dr. Hess is knowledgeable in the area of submarine dynamics and submarine model testing with over 20 years experience in hydrodynamics.
- B S Engineering Science, Loyola College of Maryland
- Ph D Mechanical Engineering, John Hopkins University
Mechanical Engineer, U.S. Naval Surface Warfare Center