Applied Biomedical Engineering
- 585.602.81 Physiology for Applied Biomedical Engineering II (Spring 2020)
- 585.602.82 Physiology for Applied Biomedical Engineering II (Spring 2020)
- 585.602.83 Physiology for Applied Biomedical Engineering II (Spring 2020)
Dr. Ethan Nyberg received his B.S. in Biomedical Engineering (with an Engineering Business minor) from The University of Virginia and his Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering from Johns Hopkins University. At Johns Hopkins, Dr. Nyberg designed and manufactured 3D-printed craniofacial bone replacements and developed treatments using adipose-derived stem cells to support bone regeneration. His research experience includes a range of tissue engineering areas including biomaterials, additive manufacturing, stem cells, orthopedics, medical imaging, and pre-clinical animal trials.
At the University of Virginia, Dr. Nyberg taught courses in Earth Systems Engineering Managements, Nanoscience, and Medical Imaging Anatomy. During his graduate work at Johns Hopkins, he developed and taught courses in the Ethics and Business of Regenerative Medicine and Engineering Design for Implants.
Outside of work Ethan enjoys karate, beach volleyball, trail running, backpacking, cooking, and exploring new cities.
- B.S. Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia
- PHD Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University