Mr. Scott Stanchfield
- 605.686.81 Mobile Application Development for the Android Platform (Spring 2020)
- 605.603.31 Object-Oriented and Functional Programming in Kotlin (Spring 2020)
By day, Scott works at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab (APL), pretending to be a Rocket Scientist. They usually tell him to go play with some blocks in the corner. Those blocks often turn into software that saves the world by helping track the spread of diseases, clean up chemical spills and creating [ REDACTED BY NSA ] that can [ REDACTED BY NSA ] for [ REDACTED BY NSA ].
By night, Scott can be found teaching Design Patterns and Android Mobile Application Development for the JHU Whiting School. But that doesn't stop him from acting and directing with the APL Drama Club, Swing dancing, singing Karaoke and attending musicals whenever they stop in Baltimore or DC.
Scott has been teaching in various forms since High School, and at the Whiting School for over ten years.
And he keeps coming back for more...
- Bachelor of Arts Computer Science, The University of Michigan
- Master of Science Computer Science, The Johns Hopkins University
PublicationsPlease see http://javadude.com/publications.html
Honors and Awards
- Excellence in Teaching Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering (2012)