Dr. KT Ramesh
- PhD Engineering, Brown University
Professor, Mechanical Engineering, JHU Whiting School of Engineering
Publications208. Korimilli, E. & Ramesh, K.T., “Hardness and mechanical anisotropy of hexagonal SiC single crystal polytypes,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 770, pp. 158-165, 2019.
209. El Mir, C., Ramesh, K.T., and Richardson, D.C., “A new hybrid framework for simulating hypervelocity asteroid impacts and gravitational re-accumulation,” Icarus, Vol. 321, pp. 1013-1025, 2019.
210. D.D. Mallick, M. Zhao, B.T. Bosworth, B. Schuster, M.A. Foster, and K.T. Ramesh, “A Simple Dual-Beam Time-Multiplexed Photon Doppler Velocimeter for Pressure-Shear Plate Impact Experiments,” Experimental Mechanics, Vol. 59, pp. 41-49, 2019.
211. A. Dagro and K.T. Ramesh, “A mechanism for injury through cerebral arteriole inflation,” Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 651-663, 2019.
212. Q. Zeng, M.H. Motamedi, A.F.T. Leong, N.P. Daphalapurkar, T.C. Hufnagel and K.T. Ramesh, “Validated simulations of dynamic crack propagation in single crystals using EFEM and XFEM,” International Journal of Fracture, Vol. 215, No. 1-2, pp: 49-65, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10704-018-0330-7
213. Krimsky, E., Hogan, J.D., Bratcher, M.S., Foster, M., and Ramesh, K.T., “Quantification of Damage and its Effects on the Compressive Strength of an Advanced Ceramic,” Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 208, pp. 107-118, 2019.
214. A.F.T. Leong, E. Asare, R. Rex, X.H. Xiao, K.T. Ramesh and T.C. Hufnagel, “Determination of size distributions of non-spherical pores or particles from single x-ray phase contrast images,” Optics Express, Vol. 27, No. 12, pp. 17322-17347, 2019.
215. Y.-C. Lu, N.P. Daphalapurkar, A.K. Knutsen, J. Glaister, D.L. Pham, J.A. Butman, J.L. Prince, P.V. Bayly, and K.T. Ramesh, “A 3D Computational Head Model of Dynamic Head Rotation and Head Extension validated using Live Human Brain Data, including the Falx and Tentorium,” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 47, No. 9, pp. 1923-1940, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10439-019-02226-z
216. D. D. Mallick, M. Zhao, J. Parker, V. Kannan, B. T. Bosworth, D. Sagapuram, M. A. Foster and K.T. Ramesh, “Laser-Driven Flyers and Nanosecond-Resolved Velocimetry for Spall Studies in Thin Metal Foils,” Experimental Mechanics, Vol. 59, No. 5, pp. 611-628, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11340-019-00519-x
217. Q. Zeng, A.L. Tonge and K.T. Ramesh, “A multi-mechanism constitutive model for the dynamic failure of quasi-brittle materials. Part I – Amorphization as a failure mode,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 130, pp. 370-392, 2019.
218. Q. Zeng, A.L. Tonge and K.T. Ramesh, “A multi-mechanism constitutive model for the dynamic failure of quasi-brittle materials. Part II- An integrative model,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 131, pp. 20-42, 2019.
219. C. El Mir, M. Delbo and K.T. Ramesh, “The efficiency of thermal fatigue in regolith generation on small airless bodies,” Icarus, Vol. 333, pp. 356-370, 2019.
220. V. Kannan, X. Ma, N. M. Krywopusk, L. J. Kecskes, T.P. Weihs and K. T. Ramesh, “The effect of strain rate on the mechanisms of plastic flow and failure of an ECAE AZ31B magnesium alloy,” Journal of Materials Science, Vol. 54, No. 20, pp. 13394-13419, 2019.
221. Madouh, F.A. and Ramesh, K.T., “The influence of shear anisotropy in mTBI: a white matter constitutive model,” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 47, No. 9, pp. 1960-1970, 2019.
222. A. Dagro and K.T. Ramesh, “Nonlinear contact mechanics for the indentation of hyperelastic cylindrical bodies,” Mechanics of Soft Materials, Vol. 1:7, 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s42558-019-0006-0
223. A. Dagro, L. Rajbhandari, S. Orrego, S.H. Kang, A. Venkatesan, and K.T. Ramesh, “Quantifying the Local Mechanical Properties of Cells in a Fibrous Three-Dimensional Microenvironment,” Biophysical Journal, Vol. 117, 817–828, 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpj.2019.07.042
224. A. Chauhan, X. Sun, K.T. Ramesh and K.J. Hemker, “Dynamic failure mechanisms of granular boron carbide under multi-axial high-strain-rate loading,” Scripta materialia, Vol. 173, pp. 125-128, 2019.
225. D. D. Mallick and K.T. Ramesh, “Dynamic Fragmentation of Boron Carbide Using Laser-Driven Flyers,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol. 136, 103416, 2020.
Honors and Awards
- Warner Koiter Medal, ASME (2019)
American Society of Mechanical Engineers