Dr. Janice Ziarko
- 645.769.81 System Test and Evaluation (Fall 2019)
- 645.769.82 System Test and Evaluation (Fall 2019)
- 645.753.81 Enterprise Systems Engineering (Fall 2019)
- 645.753.81 Enterprise Systems Engineering (Spring 2020)
- 645.769.81 System Test and Evaluation (Spring 2020)
- 645.769.82 System Test and Evaluation (Spring 2020)
Dr. Ziarko’s management, technical, and education experience span more than 40 years. She has been a practicing systems/software engineer since the 1980s. Her work and academic experience includes programs and advanced research projects for Treasury/IRS, DoD (OSD, Army, Navy), NASA, EPA, GSA, Department of Interior, and the USPS. Dr. Ziarko worked on the President’s Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) team.
As part of the Litton/PRC leadership team for Federal Systems in the 1990s, Dr. Ziarko served on the USPS Corporate Internet Steering Committee and was a Measurement Program Manager for a nation-wide USPS telephony acquisition program. From 1999 to 2018, she worked for The MITRE Corporation where she served as a Program Manager and Systems Engineer responsible for organizational analytics, technical workforce development, and systems engineering efforts.
Since 2002, she has taught systems engineering courses for the Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineeringat the Applied Physics Laboratory, Dorsey Center, Crystal City, and Online community. Dr. Ziarko holds a M.S. in Information Systems and a Ph.D. in Public Administration from American University in Washington D.C. concentrating on Technology Transfer, Open Systems, and Science and Technology Policy. She has a keen interest in aerospace and science and technology policy.
- M.S. Information Systems Human Factors, American University
- Ph.D. Public Administration Science and Technology policy, American University
PublicationsList not published.
Honors and Awards
- List not published (2018)