Dr. Raymond Ohl, IV
- 615.671.81 Principles of Optics (Summer 2018)
- 615.671.82 Principles of Optics (Summer 2018)
- 615.671.83 Principles of Optics (Summer 2018)
Dr. Raymond G. Ohl, IV received a B.S. degree in physics from the University of Richmond in 1994 and M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in astronomy from the University of Virginia in 1996 and 2000, respectively, with pre-doctoral work at the Johns Hopkins University. Since 2009, Dr. Ohl has taught a graduate course in introductory geometrical optics with the JHU Whiting School of Engineering. He has authored papers in the Proceedings of SPIE, Applied Optics, and astronomical journals. Dr. Ohl has served on the committee for SPIE's conference on Cryogenic Optical Systems and Instruments. He serves on the committee for SPIE's conference on Optical System Alignment, Tolerancing, & Verification. Dr. Ohl is a Senior Member of SPIE.
- B.S. physics, University of Richmond
- M.A. astronomy, University of Virginia
- PhD astronomy, University of Virginia