Dr. Amanda Galante has a PhD in Applied Mathematics from the University of Maryland College Park and a BS in mathematics and chemical engineering from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology. Her doctoral research focused on mathematical modeling and simulation of biological systems. In addition to teaching in the JHU WSE Engineering for Professional program, Amanda works at the JHU Applied Physics Lab as a project manager, line supervisor, and senior analyst.
- B.S. Mathematics, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- M.S. Applied Mathematics & Scientific Computation, University of Maryland – College Park
- Ph.D Applied Matematics & Scientific Computation, University of Maryland – College Park
Senior Professional Staff, JHU Applied Physics Laboratory
1. D. Khan, M. Park, J. Burkholder, S. Dumbuya, M. Ritchey, P. Yoon, A. Galante, J. Duva, J. Freeman, W. Duck, S. Soroka, L. Bottichio, M. Wellman, S. Lerma, B. Lyons, D. Dee, S. Haile, D. Gaughan, A. Langer, A. Gundlapalli, A. Suthar. Tracking COVID-19 in the United States With Surveillance of Aggregate Cases and Deaths. Public Health Reports 138(3): 428-437 (2023).
2. C. Savkli, C. Schwartz, A. Galante, J. Cohen. Novel Edge and Density Metrics for Link Cohesion. Complex Networks and Their Applications VIII: 52-63 (2019).
3. Galante and D. Levy. Modeling selective local interactions with memory. Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena 260: 176-190 (2013).
4. Galante. Mathematical models and simulations of phototaxis and cancer immune interactions. Dissertation, University of Maryland. College Park: http://hdl.handle.net/1903/12580 (2012).
5. Galante, S. Wisen, D. Bhaya, D. Levy. Modeling local interactions during the motion of cyanobacteria. Journal of Theoretical Biology 309: 147-158 (2012).
6. Galante, K. Tamada, D. Levy. B7-H1 and a mathematical model for cytotoxic T cell and tumor cell interaction. Bulletin of Mathematical Biology 74 (1): 91-102 (2012).
7. Galante, S. Wisen, D. Bhaya, and D. Levy. Stochastic models and simulations of phototaxis. Unifying Themes in Complex Systems Volume VIII: Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Complex Systems, Boston, MA, 105-119 (2011).
8. Galante, D. Levy, C. Tomasetti. A mathematical model for microenvironmental control of tumor growth. IFMBE Proceedings, College Park, MD, 32: 213-216 (2010).