- B.S Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan
- M.S. Biomedical Engineering, Arizona State University
- Ph.D Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University
Principal Professional Staff, JHU Applied Physics Laboratory
1. Emily Graczyk, Breanne Christie, Qinpu He, Dustin Tyler, Sliman Bensmaia. “Frequency shapes the quality of tactile percepts evoked through electrical stimulation of the nerves.” bioRxiv (2020).
2. Courtney Shell & Breanne Christie, Paul Marasco, Hamid Charkhkar, Ronald Triolo. “Lower-Limb Amputees Adjust Quiet Stance in Response to Manipulations of Plantar Sensation.” Frontiers in Neuroscience 12 (2021): 25.
3. Luke Osborn, David McMullen, Breanne Christie, Pawel Kudela, Tessy Thomas, Margaret Thompson, Robert Nickl, Manuel Anaya, Srihari Sahana, Nathan E. Crone, Brock Wester, Pablo Celnik, Gabriela Cantarero, Francesco Tenore, Matthew Fifer. “Intracortical microstimulation of somatosensory cortex generates evoked responses in motor cortex.” 2021 10th International IEEE/EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering (NER).
4. Breanne Christie, Hamid Charkhkar, Courtney Shell, Christopher Burant, Dustin Tyler, Ronald Triolo. “Ambulatory searching task reveals importance of somatosensation for lower-limb amputees.” Scientific reports (2020) 10:10216.
5. Hamid Charkhkar, Breanne Christie, Ronald Triolo. “Sensory neuroprosthesis improves postural stability under challenging balance conditions in lower-limb amputees.” Scientific reports (2020) 10:6984.
6. Hamid Charkhkar, Breanne Christie, Gilles Pinault, Dustin Tyler, Ronald Triolo. “A Translational Framework for Peripheral Nerve Stimulating Electrodes: Reviewing the Journey from Concept to Clinic.” Journal of Neuroscience Methods (2019): 108414.
7. Breanne Christie, Hamid Charkhkar, Courtney Shell, Paul Marasco, Dustin Tyler, Ronald Triolo. “Visual inputs and postural manipulations affect the location of somatosensory percepts elicited by electrical stimulation.” Scientific reports (2019) 9:11699.
8. Breanne Christie, Emily Graczyk, Hamid Charkhkar, Dustin Tyler, Ronald Triolo. “Visuotactile synchrony of stimulation-induced sensation and natural somatosensation.” Journal of neural engineering 16, no. 3 (2019): 036025.
9. Breanne Christie, Max Freeberg, William Memberg, Gilles Pinault, Harry Hoyen, Dustin Tyler, Ronald Triolo. “Long-term stability of stimulating spiral nerve cuff electrodes on human peripheral nerves.” Journal of neuroengineering and rehabilitation 14.1 (2017): 70.
10. Breanne Christie, Kari Ashmont, Paul House, Bradley Greger. “Approaches to a cortical vision prosthesis: implications of electrode size and placement.” Journal of neural engineering 13.2 (2016): 025003
11. Susannah Engdahl, Breanne Christie, Brian Kelly, Alicia Davis, Cynthia Chestek, Deanna Gates. “Surveying the interest of individuals with upper limb loss in novel prosthetic control techniques.” Journal of neuroengineering and rehabilitation 12.1 (2015): 53.
12. Breanne Christie, Derek Tat, Zachary Irwin, Vikash Gilja, Paul Nuyujukian, Justin Foster, Stephen Ryu, Krishna Shenoy, David Thompson, Cynthia Chestek. “Comparison of spike sorting and thresholding of voltage waveforms for intracortical brain–machine interface performance.” Journal of neural engineering 12.1 (2014): 016009.