Dr. Podell is a Lecturer in the Whiting School of Engineering, Engineering for Professionals. He teaches/co-teaches cybersecurity courses. He retired after 45 years as an Assistant Director–IT and Cybersecurity, Government Accountability Office.
- Bachelor of Industrial Engineering Industrial Engineering, New York University
- Master of Science in Engineering Industrial Engineering, University of Alabama
- Master of Business Administration Finance, Syracuse University
- Ph D Business Administration, American University
Assistant Director-IT and Cybersecurity, (Retired), U. S. Government Accountability Office
Marshall D. Abrams, Sushil Jajodia, and Harold J. Podell, Eds., Information Security: An Integrated Collection of Essays, IEEE Computer Society Press, 1995.
Honors and Awards
- GAO: Results Through Teamwork Award (2017)
- GAO: Results through Teamwork Award (2014)
- GAO: Results through Teamwork Award (2011)