- BS Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- MS Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas at Dallas
- Ph.D Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas at Dallas
Senior Professional Staff, JHU Applied Physics Laboratory
1. J. M. Boothby, T. VanVolkenburg, N. Le, K. Ohiri, M. Hagadon, Z. Xia, “Effects of network structure on the mechanical and thermal responses of liquid crystal elastomers,” Multifunctional Materials, Accepted, 2020.
2. A. M. Stiller, M. A. Gonzalez-Gonzalez, J. M. Boothby, S. E. Sherman, J. Benavides, M. Romero-Ortega, J. J. Pancrazio, B. J. Black, “Mechanical considerations for the design and implementation of peripheral intraneural devices,” Journal of Neural Engineering, vol. 16, pp. 064001, 2019.
3. J. M. Boothby, J. Samuels, T.H. Ware, “Molecularly-ordered hydrogels with anisotropic, aqueous stimulus response,” Soft Matter, vol. 15, pp. 4508-4517, 2019.
4. C. P. Ambulo, J. J. Burroughs, J. M. Boothby, H. Kim, M. R. Shankar, T. H. Ware, “Four-dimensional printing of liquid crystal elastomers,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 9, pp. 37332-37339, 2017.
5. H. Kim, J. M. Boothby, S. Ramanchandran, C. D. Lee, T. H. Ware, “Tough, shape-changing materials: crystallized liquid crystal elastomers,” Macromolecules, vol. 50, pp. 4267-4275, 2017.
6. R. Kularatne, H. Kim, J. M. Boothby, T. H. Ware, “Liquid crystal elastomers: synthesis, alignment, and applications,” Journal of Polymer Science, vol. 55, pp. 395-411, 2017.
7. J. M. Boothby, T. H. Ware, “Dual-responsive, shape-switching bilayers enabled by liquid crystal elastomers,” Soft Matter, vol. 13, pp. 4349-4356, 2017.
8. J. M. Boothby, H. Kim, and T. H. Ware, “Shape changes in chemoresponsive liquid crystal elastomers,” Sensors & Actuators B: Chemical, vol. 240, pp. 511–518, Mar. 2017.
9. D. L. Safranski, J. M. Boothby, C. N. Kelly, K. Beatty, N. Lakhera, C. P. Frick, A. Lin, R. E. Guldberg, and J. C. Griffis, “Thermo-mechanical behavior and structure of melt blown shape-memory polyurethane nonwovens,” Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, vol. 62, pp. 545–555, Sep. 2016.
10. N. T. Evans, F. B. Torstrick, C. S. D. Lee, K. M. Dupont, D. L. Safranski, W. A. Chang, A. E. Macedo, A. S. P. Lin, J. M. Boothby, D. C. Whittingslow, R. A. Carson, R. E. Guldberg, and K. Gall, “High-strength, surface-porous polyether-ether-ketone for load-bearing orthopedic implants,” Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 13, pp. 159–167, 2015.
Honors and Awards
- NSF Graduate Fellowship (2015)