Sepideh holds a PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering from the University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada. In her PhD research, she investigated the effect of hydrodynamic conditions on fouling rate in membrane filtration systems. She further identified the optimum sparging conditions and sparger design for fouling control in submerged membrane filtration systems, which could result in 50% reduction in the operating power requirement. Results of her PhD work have been directly used to design pulse spargers for commercially available membrane filtration systems.
- PHD Civil Engineering, University of British Columbia
•RB Lakeh, K Cornell, B Ly, A Chan, and S Jankhah, (2018) Design and Testing of a Lab-scale Air-gap Membrane Distillation Unit for Water Desalination, Proceedings of the ASME 2018 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE 2018), Pittsburgh, PA, ASME-IMECE87088
•Jankhah, S., (2017) Hydrodynamic conditions in bench-scale membrane flow-cells used to mimic
conditions present in full-scale spiral-wound elements, Membrane Technology, Issue 5, 7-13
• Jankhah, S., Bérubé P.R., (2014) Pulse bubble sparging for fouling control, Separation and Purification
Technology, v 134, p 58-65
• Jankhah, S., Bérubé P.R., (2013) Power induced by bubbles of different sizes and frequencies on to
hollow fibers in submerged membrane systems. Water Research, 47,17.
• Boehm, L., Jankhah, S., Tihon, J., Bérubé, P. R., Kraume, M. (2014) Application of the electrodiffusion
method to measure wall shear stress: Integrating theory and practice, Chemical Engineering and
Technogly Journal , v 37, n 6, p 938-950
• Jankhah, S., Bérubé P.R., (2012) Designing High performance air spargers to minimize fouling in
submerged HF membranes. Water Science and Technology.
• Jankhah, S., Bérubé P.R., (2014) Contribution of fiber sway to fouling control in air sparged submerged
hollow fiber membrane systems, Journal of Membrane Science (in preparation).
• Jankhah, S., Abatzoglou, N., Gitzhofer, F., Blanchard, J., and Oudghiri-Hassani, H., (2008) Catalytic
properties of Carbon Nano-filaments Produced by Iron-catalyzed Reforming of Ethanol. Chemical
Engineering Journal, 139, 532–539.
• Jankhah, S., Abatzoglou, N., and Gitzhofer, F. (2008) Thermal and Catalytic Dry Reforming and Cracking
of Ethanol: The role of the CO2/Ethanol ratio, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 33,
Issue 18, 4769-4779.
• Abatzoglou, N., Blanchard, J., Oudghiri-Hassani, H., Jankhah, S., and Gitzhofer, F. (2006) The DRIVE2
Process for Carbon Sequestration through Dry Reforming of Ethanol using Iron Catalysts, WSEAS
Transaction on Environment and Development, 1: 15-21.
• Blanchard, J., Oudghiri-Hassani, H., Abatzoglou, N., Jankhah, S., and Gitzhofer, F (September 2007)
Synthesis of Nanocarbons via Ethanol Dry Reforming over a Carbon Steel Catalyst, Chemical
Engineering Journal, 143, 186-194.
Honors and Awards
- NSERC pre-doctoral scholarship (2008)