- You must meet the general admission requirements that pertain to all graduate certificate candidates.
- If you decide to pursue a full master’s degree, all courses will apply to the master’s degree provided they meet program requirements and fall within a five-year time limit. The student must declare their intention prior to completing the certificate.
- If you are an international student, you may have additional admission requirements.
- At least three of the four courses must be from the Electrical and Computer Engineering (525.xxx) program or the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (520.xxx) in the full-time program.
- Students are allowed to take one elective.
- Only grades of B− or above can count toward the graduate certificate.
- Course selections outside of the Electrical and Computer Engineering program requirements are subject to advisor approval.
Course Planning and Search
Wondering what course to take when or which courses are required? Use these helpful course planning and course search tools to help map out your path to degree completion.
Find out when registration opens, classes start, transcript deadlines and more. Applications are accepted year-round, so you can apply any time.
Master's in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Explore a part-time, online master's degree, and take carefully constructed, modern courses designed for the way you live and work today—all while having invaluable mentorship from professors you can conveniently access.