- You must meet the general admission requirements that pertain to all graduate study.
- Additionally, you must hold a degree in engineering or in a related science field. The applicant’s prior education must include the following prerequisites:
- mathematics through ordinary differential equations;
- calculus-based physics;
- chemistry; and
- signals and systems.
- Applicants whose prior education does not include the prerequisites listed above may still enroll under provisional status, followed by full admission status once they have completed the missing prerequisites. Missing prerequisites may be completed with Johns Hopkins Engineering or at another regionally accredited institution. These prerequisite courses do not count toward the degree or certificate requirements.
- Transcripts from all college studies must be submitted.
- When reviewing an application, the candidate’s academic and professional background will be considered.
- If you are an international student, you may have additional admission requirements.
Biological Sciences Courses
Advanced Engineering Courses
Course Planning and Search
Wondering what course to take when or which courses are required? Use these helpful course planning and course search tools to help map out your path to degree completion.
Find out when registration opens, classes start, transcript deadlines and more. Applications are accepted year-round, so you can apply any time.
Master's in Applied Biomedical Engineering
Explore a part-time, online master's degree, and take carefully constructed, modern courses designed for the way you live and work today—all while having invaluable mentorship from professors you can conveniently access.