- You must meet the general admission requirements that pertain to all graduate certificate candidates.
- Your prior education must include the following prerequisites: (1) three semesters/terms of calculus, which includes multivariate calculus, (2) one semester/term of linear algebra, (3) one semester/term of probability and statistics, (4) one semester/term of in a programming language such as Python, and (5) one semester/term of advanced programming such as Data Structures.
- If your prior education does not include the prerequisites listed above, you may still be admitted under provisional status, followed by full admission once you have completed the missing prerequisites. Missing prerequisites may be completed with Johns Hopkins Engineering (all prerequisites are available) or at another regionally accredited institution.
- If you decide to pursue the full master’s degree, all courses will apply to the master’s degree provided they meet program requirements and fall within a five-year time limit. You must declare your intention prior to completing the certificate.
- If you are an international student, you may have additional admission requirements.
All coursework must be completed within five years.
The curriculum consists of the four core courses for the AI master’s degree program.
- One or more required courses can be waived by your advisor if you have received a grade of a B− or above in equivalent graduate courses. In this case, you may replace the waived required courses with the same number of other graduate Artificial Intelligence courses and may take these courses after all remaining course requirements have been satisfied.
- Only one C-range grade (C+, C, or C−) can count toward the graduate certificate.
- All course selections outside the four required foundational courses are subject to advisor approval.
Course Planning and Search
Wondering what course to take when or which courses are required? Use these helpful course planning and course search tools to help map out your path to degree completion.
Find out when registration opens, classes start, transcript deadlines and more. Applications are accepted year-round, so you can apply any time.
Master's in Artificial Intelligence
Explore a part-time, online master's degree, and take carefully constructed, modern courses designed for the way you live and work today—all while having invaluable mentorship from professors you can conveniently access.