Getting a second master’s degree is not the solution for many working professionals with one already under the belt. With the Johns Hopkins Computer Science Post-Master’s certificate program, you can take the computer science courses you need to advance your career without the dedication of time and tuition of fully going back to school.
Taught by leading experts in their field, our computer science online courses provide hands-on experience, relevant coursework, and networking opportunities for other industry professionals. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please check the academic calendar for term start dates.
- You must meet the general admission requirements that pertain to all post-master’s certificate candidates.
- If you are an international student, you may have additional admission requirements.
- Choose any five courses offered from the program which must be completed within three years.
- Four of the five courses must be Computer Science (605.xxx) courses, and at least two of these courses must be at the 700-level.
- Only grades of B− or above can count toward the post-master’s certificate.
- Students are allowed to take one elective.
- Focus areas are not available for students pursuing certificates.
- All course selections, including the elective, are subject to advisor approval.
Certificate Requirement FAQs
What is best for you all depends on your situation. We find post-master’s certificate programs are best for people who already have one master’s degree and need to touch up a few skills, learn about new topics, or who just want to explore a new area of their field.
After completing the computer science post-master’s certificate, take on roles like Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineer, and Software Architect The average salary of a Computer Science Master’s graduate is around $100k.
The Engineering for Professionals program was designed with working professionals in mind. Therefore, we offer both synchronous and asynchronous courses to accommodate your busy schedule and our part-time options let you complete courses at a pace that works for you.
Prerequisite course requirements must be completed at a regionally accredited university/college, and you must have received a B- grade or higher.
Have more questions? See if we answer your question here. If not, please contact us, and we will quickly respond to your concerns.
Course Planning and Search
Wondering what course to take when or which courses are required? Use these helpful course planning and course search tools to help map out your path to degree completion.
Find out when registration opens, classes start, transcript deadlines and more. Applications are accepted year-round, so you can apply any time.
Master's in Computer Science
Explore a part-time, online master's degree, and take carefully constructed, modern courses designed for the way you live and work today—all while having invaluable mentorship from professors you can conveniently access.