- You must meet the general admission requirements that pertain to all master’s degree candidates.
- You must be accepted into both the Engineering Management program and your respective engineering track program (if pursing the Technical Leadership track, you only need to be accepted into the Engineering Management program).
- Your prior education must include a degree in a science or an engineering field.
- Two years of professional and relevant full time experience in the field, following the award of an undergraduate degree, is required. Note that internship and/or co-op periods do not satisfy this requirement.
- When reviewing an application, your academic and professional background will be considered.
- If you are an international student, you may have additional admission requirements.
- Ten courses must be completed within five years.
- The curriculum consists of five core courses and five courses from the selected track.
- Only one C-range grade (C+, C, or C−) can count toward the master’s degree.
- Tracks are not noted on your transcript.
- All elective course selections are subject to approval by both your Engineering Management advisor and your respective track advisor.
Course Planning and Search
Wondering what course to take when or which courses are required? Use these helpful course planning and course search tools to help map out your path to degree completion.
Find out when registration opens, classes start, transcript deadlines and more. Applications are accepted year-round, so you can apply any time.
Certificate in Engineering Management
If you are not quite ready to commit to a master's degree, take a look at pursuing a certificate as an option. You can earn a certificate in 5 courses and earn credits toward a master's when you complete the Graduate Certificate.
Looking to Study Full-Time?
Develop technical, managerial, and leadership skills to produce innovative solutions to the vast array of challenges facing today's technical organizations.