Space Systems Engineering
- View the Recorded Online Information Session
- Master's Degree in Space Systems Engineering Lifts Off at Johns Hopkins University
The Space Systems Engineering program at Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals equips students with the tools they need to become technical leaders within the aerospace industry.
The curriculum features systems engineering courses as well as hand-on exercises that prepare students to lead space systems development projects. Participants gain a deep understanding of systems quality assurance and implementation as they design and develop an actual spacecraft prototype. With access to state-of-the-art facilities, students work alongside some of the top experts in the field—including world-renowned faculty from the Johns Hopkins University Department of Physics and Astronomy.
View the learning outcomes for this program.
- Master of Science in Space Systems Engineering
- Applicants must have earned a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (B or above) in the latter half of their undergraduate studies. Significant relevant work experience or a graduate degree in a relevant technical discipline may be considered in lieu of meeting the GPA requirement.
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline and at least two years of experience in the space technology or space science field
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience
- A detailed résumé
- Online application
- Application fee of $75 (fee will be waived for anyone who applies through January 25, 2015)
- Official transcripts from all college studies
NOTE: GRE scores are not required.
Master's Degree Requirements
For more in-depth requirements and a listing of required courses, visit the Program Requirements page.
- Ten courses completed within five years (at least two must be at the 700 level)
- Seven core courses: 525.783 Spread-Spectrum Communications, 595.740 Assuring Success of Aerospace Programs, 645.769 System Test and Evaluation, 675.401 Fundamentals of Engineering Space Systems I, 675.402 Fundamentals of Engineering Space Systems II, 675.701 Space Systems Engineering Technical Seminar, and 675.710 Space Systems Engineering Capstone Project
- Three electives
State-Specific Information for Online Programs
Students from Arkansas, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin should be aware of state-specific information for online programs.