New students are encouraged to contact Student Disability Services (SDS) as soon as possible (at least four weeks before the first class meeting).

Returning students are encouraged to contact Student Disability Services at least two weeks before the start of each term.

Although requests can be made at any time, there may be a delay of up to two weeks for implementation, depending on the nature of your request. For more information and examples of what Johns Hopkins University provides to students requesting accommodations, please visit the university’s student accommodations page.

Requesting Accommodation

Students must register with Student Disability Services and provide supporting documentation from a qualified diagnostician that identifies the type of disability, describes the current level of functioning in an academic setting, and lists recommended accommodations. Please review the Documentation Guidelines for Individuals with Disabilities for more information on supporting documentation.

How to Register with Student Disability Services

New Students

To begin the registration process with Student Disability Services and to establish eligibility for disability-related accommodations and services, please complete and submit the SDS Online Registration Form and upload supporting documentation. Once your form and documentation are received, the next step in the process will be to meet with an SDS professional staff member to discuss your needs and potential accommodations. If you have any difficulty providing documentation or need more information about any aspect of the process, please contact SDS staff at [email protected].

Returning Students

Students with ongoing disability accommodations must renew accommodations for each term enrolled. To renew accommodations, please submit a Renewal Request through our new Accommodate database.

Reporting Concerns

For any concerns with disability-related requests, accommodations, or services, please refer to JHU’s Grievance Procedures for Students with Disabilities page.

Student Disability Services Coordinator

Allison Leventhal
3400 North Charles Street, San Martin Center, First Floor
Baltimore, MD 21218-2608
Phone 410-516-2328
E-mail [email protected]

Questions about disability resources and requests for accommodation at Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals should be directed to your Student Disability Services Coordinator.

Information for Faculty

Please visit the university’s faculty resources page where you will find information including a sample syllabus statement, guidelines for teaching students with disabilities, universal design for your course, rights and responsibilities, types of disabilities, and FAQs.

An Important Message for Students from Student Disability Services

As of 3/16/20, all Student Disability Services (SDS, DSS or DS) offices will be operating during usual business hours and some will be moving to fully remote operations.