Johns Hopkins Engineering is committed to providing reasonable and appropriate accommodations to students with disabilities.
New students are encouraged to contact Disability Services as soon as possible (at least four weeks before the first class meeting). Returning students are encouraged to contact Disability Services at least two weeks before the start of each term. Although requests can be made at any time, there may be a delay of up to two weeks for implementation, depending on the nature of your request. For more information and examples of what Johns Hopkins University provides to students requesting accommodations, please visit the university’s student accommodations page.
New students must register with Disability Services and provide supporting documentation from a qualified diagnostician that identifies the type of disability, describes the current level of functioning in an academic setting, and lists recommended accommodations. Please review the Documentation Guidelines for Individuals with Disabilities for more information on supporting documentation.
Returning students are asked to contact Disability Services prior to the start of each term by email or phone to request accommodations for that term.
How to Register with Disability Services
- Complete the Disability Services Registration Form and return it to the Disability Services Coordinator.
- Have an appropriate medical provider complete the Disability Services Documentation Form and return it to the Disability Services Coordinator. In most cases this form is sufficient to document physical, medical, or psychological conditions. Additional information is required for learning disabilities and strongly recommended for ADHD so services can be effectively matched with needs.
- Schedule a meeting with the Disability Services Coordinator.
Please use the following registration form (you can choose PDF or Word).
- Disability Services Graduate Registration Form (PDF)
- Disability Services Graduate Registration Form (Word)
Please use the following documentation form (you can choose PDF or Word).
- Disability Services Graduate Documentation Form (PDF)
- Disability Services Graduate Documentation Form (Word)
For any concerns with disability related requests, accommodations, or services, please refer to JHU's Grievance Procedures for Students with Disabilities page.
Questions about disability resources and requests for accommodation at Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals should be directed to your Disability Services Coordinator.
Information for Faculty
Please visit the university’s faculty resources page where you will find information including a sample syllabus statement, guidelines for teaching students with disabilities, universal design for your course, rights and responsibilities, types of disabilities, and FAQs.