The online master’s degree in data science prepares you to succeed in specialized jobs involving everything from the data pipeline and storage to statistical analysis and eliciting the story the data tells. Learn from senior-level engineers and data scientists who will incorporate realistic scenarios in your studies that you have or will encounter as a professional.
- You must meet the general admission requirements that pertain to all post-master’s certificate candidates.
- Coursework should have included coursework comparable to at least three of the four required courses in both the Computer Science area and the Applied and Computational Mathematics area, respectively.
- Applicants with a master’s degree in data science or a very closely related field, such as applied statistics, are eligible to apply.
- If you are an international student, you may have additional admission requirements.
- You must select at least two courses from the Applied and Computational Mathematics program (625.xxx) and at least two courses from the Computer Science program (605.xxx).
- At least three of the courses must be 700-level with at least one from Computer Science and at least one from Applied and Computational Mathematics.
- 625.603 Statistical Methods and Data Analysis may not be applied to the post-master’s certificate.
- One graduate course taken outside of JHU and not applied toward a graduate or other degree may be considered toward the Data Science Post-Master’s Certificate, subject to advisor approval.
- Only grades of B− or above can be counted toward the post-master’s certificate.
- Course selections outside of the Data Science foundational, required, and elective courses are subject to advisor approval.
Course Planning and Search
Wondering what course to take when or which courses are required? Use these helpful course planning and course search tools to help map out your path to degree completion.
Find out when registration opens, classes start, transcript deadlines and more. Applications are accepted year-round, so you can apply any time.
Master's in Data Science
Explore a part-time, online master's degree, and take carefully constructed, modern courses designed for the way you live and work today—all while having invaluable mentorship from professors you can conveniently access.